Thursday 8 November 2012

Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

One of my goals while I was in Las Vegas last week was to visit the Retro Bakery. I had been following them on Twitter and had seen postings about them on the Cupcakes Take the Cake blog. Their slogan "It's All About the Buttercream" made me even more curious to visit. I rented a car at the airport and started driving using the rental car map. A GPS really would have helped. A little over an hour later I arrived at the bakery. It turned out to be about 15 minutes from where I started...except I had chosen the longest possible route. I was really ready to try a cupcake! The bakery staff was very helpful and there was another customer in the shop who was having a wedding cake consultation. They don't just do cupcakes. I bought two cupcakes - a red velvet with cream cheese icing and a lemon cupcake with pink buttercream and sugar sprinkles. The cakes were moist and tasty. The cream cheese icing was very smooth & sweet but needed more cream cheese (you know how I feel about cream cheese icing). The buttercream was also smooth and sweet.  

 Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

 Retro Bakery

Retro Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment